Friday, March 7, 2008

Tears

I do not know any of the victims from the latest Palestinian terror attacks against Israelis. I do know that 8 students from the seminary were slaughtered as they sought words of wisdom and truth from the Torah. The youngest was 15.


Avraham David Mozes, 16


Yehonadav Haim Hirshfeld, 19


I will leave my anger for another day for news organizations such as BBC who labeled this horrendous act of terrorism as an "incident". I will also leave my anger for another day as politicians across the world who call upon Israel to show restraint while its youth are slaughtered. I will leave my anger for another day for those who dare to compare the Israeli victims of terrorists to those who murdered them. I will leave my anger for another day at those who support terrorist groups like Hezbollah and proclaim, "We are Hezbollah".

Today, I will say prayers for the victims families. And I will say refuah shlema for those who are in the hospital:

Naftali ben Gila
Yonatan ben Avital
Shimon ben Tirza
Nadav ben Hadas
Reuven ben Naomi
Elchana ben Zehava


Israellycool is posting updates. Shabbat starts soon in Israel. And the IDF will be on high alert.

I will be studying Torah as I always do for Shabbat. And I will try to find some words of understanding of why the world thinks it is okay to spill Jewish blood. And I will sing zemirot with an added poignancy.

Baruch Dayan Emet:

Yochai Lipschitz, 18, of Jerusalem
Yonatan Yitzchak Eldar, 16, of Shiloh
Yonadav Chaim Hirschfeld, 19, of Kochav Hashahar
Neriah Cohen, 15, of Jerusalem
Roey Roth, 18, of Elkana
Segev Pniel Avihayil, 15, of Neveh Daniel
Avraham David Moses, 16, of Efrat
Maharata Trunoch, 26, of Ashdod

No comments: