Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just Some Pine Trees

Around a year ago, I posted about a developer about to build some some duplexes and quadplexes. I know the need for new homes to be built in areas that aren't prone to flooding. And this is a good area. Nothing much had been done since then. Yesterday, the backhoes were lined up and the pine trees were still standing. Pine trees can be a nuisance and I didn't think I would miss them. It was a shock when I drove up the road and saw nothingness. The pine trees were gone. The developer kept his promise and didn't cut down the oaks and other trees. It still looks barren.

In a few years, it will look even more different and there will be many more people. Another developer has started building some apartments at the south end of my road.

I'm not sure how I'll feel with having over 200 new neighbors. I've grown accustom to this quiet neighborhood. And the pine trees.

At least many smart people are moving away from rivers and the coast. These areas saw massive flooding from Hurricane Katrina and insurance costs are making many flee to areas north of I-10. I just have to keep telling myself, it's just some pine trees.

No comments: