Friday, January 4, 2008

Yeaaaaarrrrrgghhh! Iowa! Phbbt!

Looking at the results in Iowa, all I can say is what is wrong with the Republicans? First of all, Huckabee? He is clueless on domestic and international topics. I hope the good people of New Hampshire have the good sense not to select the Huckster. But what is most troubling to me about the results in Iowa is 10% of the Iowan Republican caucus selected Ron Paul. He received more than Giuliani.

I'm impressed at the Democrats in Iowa. They selected Obama and left Clinton gasping. No matter how you look at it, those 10% points Obama had over Clinton are significant.

I'm not a member of either party. But have voted more Republican than Democrat. The Republican party seems to be moribund. If the next Republican caucuses show the same trends and the Huckster is selected as the Republican nominee for president, I will voting Democrat, even if Clinton is selected.

No comments: