Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day Thank You

Since our country's founding, there have been men and women of every generation who have stepped up to preserve freedom. Today and everyday, I thank them.



This was my Dad's favorite day. He felt great pride when asked to be part of the color guard on Veteran's Day. Below is a picture of my favorite vet. It was taken while he was deployed at Guantanamo Bay Cuba in the early 1970's.



My Dad was the most recent in my family to serve our country's call. He was in the US Army for 16 years and a Seabee for 4 years. He had two tours of duty in Vietnam as a Seabee. There have been others in my family who have served. Some served during the War of 1812. Some served during the Civil War. One was at Little Big Horn. Some served during World War I. Others served during World War II. I am proud of each and every one. I am thankful for all those who are now heeding our country's call.

Thnaks to all who served. And thanks to all who are serving. Today, reach out and thank a vet. Go to a parade. Donate to Project VALOUR-IT.

2 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

Very nice. Sweet tribute to your dad. My dad was in the Army during Korea. My husband was Air Force during Vietnam. My father in law, Army during WWII.

Veterans should be honored every day!

Anonymous said...

karen,

That is true.